EASD is organization working across global movements centered on human rights, sustainable development, and
economic and social justice; partner feminist organisations come together in a moment of collective organizing to outline key principles for a just and resilient recovery from the ongoing global pandemic, as well as to track responses and uplift collective action of feminists around the world.
The COVID19 pandemic is upending economies, changing mobility patterns, disrupting social networks, altering informal and formal workplaces and flows, and redefining the concept of essential work and who performs it. EASD already address the issues at EnE20 Conference, and by E-campaign.
KEY PRINCIPLES FOR FEMINIST RESPONSE TO COVID19 are cross-cutting to all these principles is the promotion, protection and fulfillment of human rights and gender equality:
- COVID19 responses must centre the well-being of all people in an intersection manner
- COVID19 responses must ensure the health and safety of all, including ensuring sexual and reproductive health and rights
- COVID19 responses must promote a comprehensive paradigm shift, relying on adequate and equitable financing
- COVID19 responses must be based on and strengthen democratic values
- COVID19 responses must promote a just and equitable transition for people and planet
- COVID19 responses must be guided by cooperation, multilateralism and global justice