EASD participated at IPEN Global Meeting and Forum on Chemicals and Waste, among 93 environmental and health leaders; international health and science experts; and government and UN agency representatives from 51 countries.
EASD Honorable President presented ” Initiatives towards MIA – Minamata Initial Assessment implementation: in coal combustion, application, use and disposal of dental amalgam fillings and management of waste with mercury”. Objectives of the Meeting & Forum is to:
• Strengthen the Toxics-Free Future Global Movement
• Learn from Each Other and Share Skills
• Promote Organizational Capacity-Building & Development
• Celebrate Achievements
• Reflect on the Evolving Global and National Policy Landscapes
• Strategize around IPEN’s 2030 Goals & Program
• Elevate the Profile of Chemicals & Waste Issues
Meeting was held @ Kuriftu Resort, Lake Bishoftu@ Ethiopia – The Land of Origins (coffee is great!), a symbol of African freedom, with more than 100 million people and 86+ languages.