The 4th Western Balkan Civil Society Forum was organized from 26-27 November 2012, in Zagreb, Croatia.
The Western Balkan Civil Society Forum is a part of the European Economic and Social Committee (EESC) activities in the Western Balkans.
The main topics of the Forum were:
- The relations between the European Union (EU) and the countries of the region;
- How to improve media freedom and freedom of expression in the region?
- How to involve civil society organizations in the process of accession to the EU?
- What is the role for civil society organizations in rural development and employment issues?
- Possibilities for future cooperation.
This Forum is organized every two years since 2006, with the main goal to provide an opportunity to exchange views on the current situation of civil society in the region, its needs and its future development. This year the Forum brought together about 150 participants from Western Balkan countries, the EESC members, EU institutions representatives, NGOs, and diplomats.
On behalf of the Environmental Ambassadors for Sustainable Development, our representative was Natasa Zugic-Drakulic.