The Program of Education for Environment and Sustainable Development, is focused towards:
- Education and training at all levels as the public interest (in the form of informal education and training, participation in formal education and training, as well as life-long-learning education and trainings), and in particular the development of syllabuses and implementation of educational programs in the fields of management, environmental management, environmental and sustainable development governance, implementation of national, EU, sub-regional and global legislation, waste management, chemicals management, biodiversity, integral pollution prevention and control, standards, green economy, climate change, green public procurement, public participation In decision making, including on-line and electronic methods, camps and summer-schools, schools in nature, as well as fundraising and investment of the same in staff, awards, scholarship, grants, funds, equipment and facilities, all for the purpose of realisation of objectives;
- Preparation and participation in project designs, studies, plans, strategies and legal solutions.
- Cooperation with relevant scientific, profesional, economic and other organisations and bodies on the implementation of tasks of common interest;
- Organisation and realisation of professional examinations in cooperation with competent authorities for issuing the relevant certificates and licenses for functioning in the fields of the environmental impact assessment and strategic impact assessment, in accordance with the law;
- Organisation and implementation of eco-certification in cooperation with the competent authorities and organisations for issuing appropriate certificates in the field of assessment of fulfillment of international standards and programs relation to the environment and sustainable development;
- Awarding of appropriate rewards and recognitions for successful achievements in the field of sustainable development and environment;
In order to achieve these objectives, the Association monitors among other scientific and technical literature in the field of environmental protection and sustainable development, organize, solely or together with other organizations, professional meetings, conferences, seminars and other forms of education, announces the publication of matters relating to development and application of technical and scientific publications in the field of sustainable development and the environment, in accordance with the law, in order to improve the social and economic aspects of sustainable development, working with universities, collegues, schools, professional associations and other similar organizations at home and abroad, gives professional expertise, arbitration, provides advice, opinions and reviews, has been doing research and development in multidisciplinary, natural, technical, technological, biotech, and technical and social sciences, develops international (global, EU) and regional cooperation, developing partnerships with other organizations and institutions in the country, and others.