The Twelfth Regional Conference EnE16-ENV.net was held in Belgrade on June 6, 2016 – traditionally as the main UNEP WED event in country. This year Conference focus are Climate Change and Sustainability of Resources.
Moments from the Conference – Gallery of pictures.
Key messages from Conference:
1. Conference in continuity shows that we have a respectable experts in the field of environment and climate change (both those with experience and young professionals – who have difficulties to find the job in the profession),
2. As the EU accession is a significant priority for Serbia,the chapter related to the environment and climate change (Chapter 27) will be more and more important in the process of achieving EU standards. Knowledge and experience should be the guarantee for the “right” solution to this path towards EU environmental values
3. This conference contributes to the improvement of citizens’ influence on the process of reform in the environment sector in support of the European Union accession. The participation of the public in decision-making on issues relevant to the environment is one of the pillars of sustainability solutions
4. Adequate education for environment and sustainable development, is an important factor in the performance of the process of sustainable growth and development
At the Conference will hear the voice of young people – the winning article at the international competition “YRE“.
5. As this conference is supported by UNEP, as one of the official events to celebrate World Environment Day , we advocate and promote message that globally, environmental crime rise and it is the strong need to “reverse” performance in order to achieve sustainable growth and development